BAM Peer Review College - Call for nominations
Call for nominations
The British Academy of Management is delighted to announce the creation of its new Peer Review College (PRC), which forms part of our BAM Strategy 2020-2024: Building on Excellence in order to establish a sustainable ‘excellent’ business and management Peer Review College to enhance research in the field of management. We are also delighted to announce that the BAM Peer Review College’s founding Dean is Professor Yehuda Baruch FBAM, of the University of Southampton, UK.
The BAM PRC aims to support three of BAM’s core strategic aims: to drive research excellence; to support capacity building and career development; and to underpin a sustainable research funding platform for our members. The BAM PRC will support our journals, conferences and grant schemes and will promote research excellence through high quality feedback and selection both within BAM and in the wider business and management community. Appointment to the BAM’s PRC is a recognition of excellence and achievement in its own right; it will be recognised publicly on our website and certificates will be awarded to those who successfully complete their term of membership.
The College has two tiers of members - PRC Fellows and PRC Members - who will be appointed following a process of nomination and evaluation.
- PRC Fellows will be senior academics and highly experienced reviewers, who will act as mentors to the PRC Members and otherwise assist in locating reviewers for BAM’s various activities. PRC Fellows will be appointed for 3-5-year terms.
- PRC Members will be mid-career academics interested in developing their reviewing skills and contributing to the community in a carefully calibrated and supported way during their term of College membership. PRC Members will be appointed for a 3-year term, with an agreed level of reviews for BAM, expected to be in the region of 2 reviews p.a.
Appointments to the BAM Peer Review College will be made by a panel of experts with experience of research funding and journal reviewing at the highest level.
Nominations (including self-nominations) for Fellowship and Membership of the College are now invited from BAM members who meet the following criteria:
In order to be eligible for nomination as MEMBER of the BAM Peer Review College you must have:
- One or more of the following:
- Track record of 3 years of reviewing for at least one peer-reviewed journal.
- Clear track record of reviewing for 6 international conferences
- Clear track record of reviewing for grant schemes
- Plus Track record of publication of world-class quality.
- Commitment to BAM’s core values of Equality, Diversity, Inclusivity and Respect.
In order to be eligible for nomination as FELLOW of the BAM Peer Review College you must have:
- Evidence of engagement in significant reviewing activity for at least 5 years e.g. one or more of the following:
- Editor in Chief or Associate Editor for a major peer-reviewed journal
- Evidenced experience of winning grants and / or reviewing for major grant schemes (e.g. BAM, ESRC, etc.)
- Evidence of having a significant leadership role in the research structure of their institution, e.g. Research Director or having led for REF within the institution
- Evidence of external engagement with influential stakeholders, e.g. member of REF sub-panel and/ or conducting research that speaks to the grand challenges facing our society and economy
- Outstanding record of publication of world-class quality
- Clear commitment to BAM’s core values of Equality, Diversity, Inclusivity and Respect
- Commitment to developing the next generation.
Please note the prior membership criterion on the original mailing has been removed in order to increase inclusivity and engagement but those appointed are expected to become full members of the British Academy of Management whilst Fellows of the PRC.
If you are interested in joining or nominating a colleague to the new BAM Peer Review College as part of the inaugural cohort, please complete the Nomination Form [links below] and return it and the nominee's CV to the PRC Administrator, Emma Missen on [email protected] by 1700 GMT Monday 15th February 2021