21st February 2017
Book announcement - Freedom, Authority and Economics: Essays on Michael Polanyi's Politics and Economics
15th February 2017
8th February 2017
6th February 2017
3rd February 2017
2015 Annual Review
Call for Nominations
We are currently seeking nominations from BAM members for colleagues who you feel deserve to be awarded Fellowship of the British Academy of Management. For more information please click here:
About the Fellows College
List of Current BAM Fellows
BAM awards new Fellowships at the annual BAM Conference. Fellowships are awarded to scholars who have made an outstanding Academic contribution to Business and Management scholarship, as well as demonstrating a significant contribution to the community of scholars in the field and within BAM.
Here you will find all the information you need about the Fellowship nominations process, and the form for submitting a nomination.
Purpose of the College
- To support the academic development of BAM and its members;
- Foster and grow the intellectual and social capital among senior members of the community of UK business and management academics and their collaborators;
- Provide a working platform for senior members of this community to engage in dialogue on major issues of academic significance on the UK and the international stages and to influence their policy outcome.
The Dean's Group
These officers preside over the College's academic, strategic and electoral affairs. The Dean reports on these matters to BAM Council.
- Professor Ken Starkey (University of Nottingham), Dean
- Professor Gerard Hodgkinson (University of Manchester),Deputy Dean
- Professor Peter McKiernan (University of Strathclyde), Vice Dean
- Professor Sir Cary Cooper (Lancaster University), BAM President
- Professor Keith Glaister (University of Warwick), Past Dean
The College holds an annual luncheon during the annual BAM conference and organises a meeting for Fellows during the winter months, where an influential speaker addresses the gathering.
Other events may be organised on an ad hoc basis.
New Fellows' Profiles
At the BAM2016 Conference in Newcastle, four new Fellows were announced.
BAM is pleased to announce that Professor Neal Ashkanasy, Professor Julia Balogun, Professor Yehuda Baruch and Professor Jone Pearce have each been awarded Fellowship of the British Academy of Management at the 30th Annual British Academy of Management Conference in Newcastle, England.
BAM Fellows Obituary Page
This page is dedicated to the BAM Fellows which have sadly passed away. This page has been set up to remember those who have made a substantial contribution to the management field and to the British Academy of Management.
Upcoming BAM Events
10th March 2017
10th March 2017
31st March 201712th Annual workshop on Teaching Research Methods to Business and Management Students: Your Research Methodology Class Has HOW MANY Students?!
6th April 2017BAM IB&IM SIG Event: Case Selection in Qualitative Case Study Research in International Business and International Management
7th April 2017Joint BAM Event: Management Education in Turbulent Times. Journal of Management Education Special Issue, paper development workshop