Upcoming Conference Dates and Deadlines
- 15th January: Paper submission opens
- 22nd February: Paper submissions close [23.59 GMT]
- 12th March: Online registration for conference opens
- 17th April: Authors to be notified about the acceptance of papers
- 27th April: PDW submissions close
- 28th May: Deadline for paper presenters to register
- 14th June: Deadline to upload revised accepted FULL/DEVELOPMENTAL papers (PLEASE NOTE: revised papers will be uploaded onto online conference proceedings)
Building and Sustaining High Performance Organisations in Uncertain Times: Challenges and Opportunities
Global developments over the past decade have made the world of business and organisations increasingly uncertain and challenging, yet still offer opportunities for those able to innovate and tap evolving niche areas. Core contributory factors responsible for this include the last financial crisis, developments in the Arab world leading to mass migration, Brexit, and the rapidly changing policies of the USA since the election of President Trump. These are compounded by both human-created developments, such as artificial intelligence and social inequality and unrest, and nature-created disasters such as catastrophic floods, storms and forest fires. All this has not only created a major challenge to successful provision of basic amenities to a rapidly growing global population, but also for organisations and institutions to develop new skills needed to work with technological advancements. As a result, there is a pressing need to push for the sustainability agenda on all fronts, and to support entrepreneurship and growth and development of SMEs.
Such turbulent business conditions demand that organizations innovate to improve products, services and processes rather than simply pursue cost reduction. They also demand improved levels of corporate governance, employee engagement, well-being and enlightened staff management practices. Meeting such challenges effectively is all the more important in these times.
Creating and sustaining high performance is the aim of all leaders and managers who are ambitious for their organisations. However, we have seen widespread damage inflicted on economies and individual lives in both organisations and nations by unbridled ambition and poor governance in senior leaders. There is an urgent need for the recognition of leadership that supports core human values of justice, humanity, empathy and care for the environments we are privileged to inhabit. How can high performance be achieved in the context of such values being at the heart of business practice?
Aston Business School has an established track record of helping organisations, businesses, and entrepreneurs to both build and sustain high performance as shown by the contributions of its leading scholars in research centres including enterprise, servitization and retail, and via the training provided to numerous and diverse clients. The 2019 conference theme also builds upon the significant regeneration taking place in the city of Birmingham to realize its full economic potential.
BAM2019 will create a platform for researchers seeking solutions in uncertain times and will offer a rich source of knowledge and an opportunity to find alternatives to the status quo in our understanding of management, performance, organisations and the nature of the challenges we face.
BAM2019 Conference Fees
Booking for the conference will open at 12:00 on Tuesday 12th March 2019
The 2019 Conference fees are as follows:
- BAM Student Member Conference Fee- £250 [early bird discount before 31st July]
- BAM Student Member Conference Fee - £270 [after 31st July]
- BAM Student Member Conference Fee including BAM Membership - £275 [early bird discount before 31st July]
- BAM Student Member Conference Fee including BAM Membership - £290 [after 31st July]
- BAM Ordinary Member Conference Fee - £390 [early bird discount before 31st July]
- BAM Ordinary Member Conference Fee - £410 [after 31st July]
- BAM Ordinary Member Conference Fee including BAM Membership - £470 [early bird discount before 31st July]
- BAM Ordinary Member Conference Fee including BAM Membership - £490 [after 31st July]
Delegates can purchase a Gala Dinner ticket for £60 with the Conference registration. In addition, we will be providing a tour of Aston Villa Football Club for an additional charge of £8 open to 150 members.
For 2019, BAM is offering a 'roll-up' package which includes both the Conference fee and Membership fee. Please contact us with a purchase order from your institution as authorisation. Alternatively. financce departments can contacct us and make payment over the phone.
For student members wishing to purchase both Conference and Membership, the cost is £275 and student members will be required to sent us a scanned letter from their institution.
For ordinary members wishing to purchase conference and membership fees together, the cost is £470 [before the 31st July].
If you are not a current member of BAM you will need to join before being able to register for the conference.
Sponsorship and Exhibition Opportunities
The British Academy of Management would cordially like to invite you to join its 33rd Annual Conference as an Exhibitor or Sponsor.
The event will be held at Aston University from the 3rd - 5th September and will be hosted by the Aston Business School.
We want to welcome you to be part of this exhilarating event.
BENEFITS AVAILABLE FOR EXHIBITORS/SPONSORS AT THE BAM2019 CONFERENCE:
- To give your organisation a platform to network and engage with important decision makers in Business Schools and in associated organisations.
- Increasing awareness and engagement with your organisation amongst the business and management community.
- Brilliant networking opportunities to promote your organisation at the Conference and provides maximum visibility among the business and management research community.
- Connecting your organisation to high-quality research at the BAM Conference and to provide a strong foundation on which to build relationships with skilled researchers.
- To publicise your organisation’s products and services among key decision makers in Business Schools and in associated organisations
- To deliver maximum visibility for your organisation and to provide a solid foundation on which to build relationships with skilled researchers.
- Engage with delegates in a friendly, supportive and intellectual manner.
The benefits and opportunities have been intended to promote your organisation heavily at the BAM 2019 Conference.
For more information on the exhibition and sponsorship opportunities at the BAM2019 Conference or for any other enquiries, please contact Lewis Johnson - firstname.lastname@example.org