Learn the tools and techniques you need to create compelling cases on our two-day workshop, Writing Effective Cases, led by Trevor Williamson. Plus benefit from a post-workshop mentoring and review service.
In this practical and intensive workshop, you will have the opportunity to take time out to develop a case idea. A workshop workbook will provide structure and a series of exercises to guide participants through the case writing process. The experience and knowledge acquired during this workshop will enable you to write your own teaching cases for use in the classroom. Insights from some of the world's bestselling case authors will be shared in this workshop, providing an opportunity for participants to consider how to raise the profile and potential impact of their own cases.
Who Should Attend
This workshop will be of benefit to a wide audience, including:
• those wishing to write a case for use with their own students, but with little experience of transforming field, or desk-based, data in to effective teaching resources
• faculty from any academic discipline, who have an interest and belief in the case method, but have struggled to find suitable cases for use with their students
• those who are keen to enhance their skills to enable them to write more effective cases, with bestselling potential
• business based trainers interested in preparing in-house material for employee and organisational development.
Benefits of Attendance
During the workshop participants will work on their case ideas, preparing a draft case, teaching note and teaching plan, for discussion in small groups of ‘critical friends’. The principal objectives that participants will address are to:
• appreciate what makes a good, effective, case and
• learn the tools and techniques of case writing, to enhance the appeal and potential of their case
• develop the confidence and ability to transform research materials, and their ideas, in to good cases
• understand the benefits of writing a teaching note
Munich Business School, Munich, Germany
Munich Business School
The Case Centre
Training and Events Developer
t +44 (0)1234 756411
From £755 per person
The booking deadline of this event is: 25th June 2019