Leadership is a phenomenon observed in all organised human groups. However, research has shown that it is one of the least understood phenomena on earth. The number of published research studies in the field of leadership is vast and spans several decades. Nevertheless, despite such a large body of scholarship, leadership still remains an elusive concept.
The dynamic nature of today’s environment and challenges faced by organisations, sectors and governments has led to a clarion call for effective leadership by academics and practitioners. In today’s vastly complex and evolving world, leadership is required that can combat change and identify opportunities.
The event “Does Leadership matter in today’s World” is designed to support our community of scholars and practitioners by creating a space for discussion and reflection on leading in uncertain and dynamic environments. We are interested in engaging in a leadership discourse that is informed by theory and practice.
In particular, this event is designed for academics, practitioners, researchers and policy makers. The speakers will be sharing on the importance of leadership especially in the new decade. Challenges and thoughts on leadership both from the lens of theory and practice will be the focus of the day.
4th of June 2020, 11:00-13:00 London time
Who Should Attend
This event will be of interest and relevance to academics, practitioners, policy makers, researchers, students and those in leadership and leadership development. It will also be of interest and relevance to doctoral students, early-career, mid-career and senior academics and researchers.
This event is offered only to BAM Members.
Benefits of Attendance
- New insights on leading in uncertain and dynamic environments
- Combating leadership challenges in theory and practice in the new decade
- Practical insights into leadership and management in the changing world of work
- Excellent learning and networking platform for aspiring and existing leaders and managers
- Critically reflecting on the leadership development needs and identifying the potential areas for development.
This is an online event.
Speakers will include:
- Professor Bernd Vogel; Professor in Leadership and Director of Henley Centre for Leadership; Henley Business School, United Kingdom
- Professor Patricia Hind; Professor of Management Development and Director of Centre for Research in Executive Development; Ashridge Business School, United Kingdom.
- Lesley Giles; Director; Work Advance, United Kingdom
- Joe Simpson; Director; Leadership Centre, United Kingdom
Leadership and Leadership Development SIG, British Academy of Management
For specific information about this event, please contact the workshop facilitator(s):
Dr Julie Wilson Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Christian Harrison Email: email@example.com
For general enquiries, please contact Raluca Stroe at the BAM Office on 02073837770, or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Free, Only for BAM Members
Registration to this event is now closed, thank you!
If you are not a BAM member and would like to join BAM or find out more about the benefits of being a BAM member, please go to BAM BAM membership.
Cancelation Policy - Should you wish to cancel your place, you will receive a full refund if your cancelation is made 4 weeks prior to the event. After this, full payment will be required. BAM reserves the right to cancel the event if there are not enough people to justify running the workshops.