The Centre of People, Innovation and Performance, Nottingham Business School, and the British Academy of Management (BAM) are delighted to run the Publishing in 4* Journals: From Research Design to Research Impact event, that will include themed presentations by:
- Anders Dysvik and Karin Sanders: Research Questions and Research Design
- Pawan Budhwar and Helen Shipton: Writing and Responding, including an Editor’s perspective (British Journal of Management)
- David Collings: Achieving impact through publication: An Editor’s perspective (Journal of World Business)
This event will take place on the 26th of April 2016.
Who Should Attend
BAM Special Interest Group members but especially relevant for HRM, International Business and OB scholars. Please note that if your research areas are outside these areas you will be invited to join the feedback session 14:00- 15:00 as an attendee rather than participant (we will not be able have your work reviewed beforehand).
Benefits of Attendance
- To foster understanding and appreciation of how to formulate research questions and design your research, targeting top-tier journals.
- To provide insight into the writing process and using feedback to enhance your work, through the lens of Special Issue Editor (HRMJ) and Editor-in Chief (British Journal of Management).
- To gain inside knowledge about the process of achieving scholarly impact, through the eyes of a journal editor (Journal of World Business).
- To receive feedback on your submitted abstract, from your peer group and your nominated subject expert.
Nottingham Business School Conference Centre
Paper Submission Details
Paper submission deadline: *extended* Wednesday 6th April, 17:00.
To participate in this event, you should submit a 10-14 page abstract summarising your research paper, under the following headings:
- 100 word summary
- Introduction and research objectives (2 pages)
- Theory (3- 5 pages)
- Methodology (1-2 pages)
- Discussion (2- 3 pages)
Conclusion (1 page)
A theoretical paper should be structured along similar lines, with the exception of point d. above, and more space allocated for points 3 and 5.
Your abstract needs to be submitted by Friday 1st April to email@example.com.
09.00 - 09.30
Registration and Coffee
09.30 - 09.45
Welcome and Introduction- Prof Baback Yazdani (NBS) & Prof Helen Shipton (Centre of People, Innovation and Performance)
09.45 - 13.00
4* Authors and Journal Editors Presentations (see above)
13.00 - 14.00
14.00 - 15.00
Discussion and feedback on your abstract in peer review groups, led by a relevant subject expert
15.15 - 16.15
Panel Q & A
16.15 - 16.30
Next steps for your research? Working with the Centre for People, Innovation and Performance.
Joint Event: British Academy of Management and Centre of People, Innovation and Performance, Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University
For specific information about this event please contact the workshop co-organisers: firstname.lastname@example.org
For general enquiries please contact Megan Smart at the BAM Office on +44(0)2073837770, or at email@example.com.
BAM Members: £70 (lunch will be included)
*The first 12 students to register will receive a discounted fee of £50 (lunch will be included)
* If you are within this group, you will be contacted by Megan Smart to organise £20 reimbursement.
Booking deadline for this event: Friday 22nd April, 17:00
If you are a BAM member, please ensure that you are logged in (using the login box at the top of the screen) and then click the following link to register.
Cancelation Policy - Should you wish to cancel your place, you will receive a full refund if your cancelation is made 4 weeks prior to the event. After this, full payment will be required. BAM reserves the right to cancel the event if there are not enough people to justify running the workshops.
|Event Fee: PUBLISHING IN 4* JOURNALS: FROM RESEARCH DESIGN TO RESEARCH IMPACT||£ 70.00|
|Event Fee: PUBLISHING IN 4* JOURNALS: FROM RESEARCH DESIGN TO RESEARCH IMPACT - STUDENT FEE||£ 50.00|