The British Academy of Management and Cranfield School of Management are delighted to offer support to early and mid career researchers in three key areas: Alternative Career Options; Resilience and Success in Publishing and Getting Known in Your Field. The event is highly interactive and delegates are encouraged to bring questions to share with the plenary to gain maximum insight from the event.
Drawing on the insights of senior leaders in Business and Management, objectives are as follows:
1. To highlight alternative career options open to early and mid-career researchers, including research leadership, research/ practitioner engagement and research/ scholarly endeavour, offering step-by-step guidance about how to achieve your preferred goal.
2. To bring out the ‘how, why and when’ you build the resilience to achieve publication success by landing in top journals (e.g. ABS 4*), building on the insights of senior scholars and journal editors.
3. To offer informed guidance from those whose work stands out about how to get known in your field. How do you build your research profile, what challenges are you are likely to face and how will you overcome them?
Friday 19th July, 09:00- 16:15
Who Should Attend
You should attend this event if you are either within the first six years of your first faculty appointment, or at the final stages of your doctorate.
Benefits of Attendance
- Step-by-step guidance about how to achieve your preferred career goal.
- The ‘how, why and when’ you build the resilience to achieve publication success by landing in top journals (e.g. ABS 4*),
- Informed guidance about how to get known in your field, how to build your research profile, what challenges are you are likely to face and how will you overcome them
Cranfield School of Management
0900 Arrival and coffee
0930 Introduction and welcome: Prof Michael Bourlakis, Director of Research, Cranfield School of
0940- 1040 Session 1: Alternative Career Options - Prof Katie Bailey, Prof Nicholas O’Regan and Prof Sue Vinnicombe
1040-1100 Coffee break and syndicate group work
1100- 1130 Panel Q & A
1130-1230 Session 2: Resilience and Publication Success - Prof Pawan Budhwar, Prof Mat Hughes and Prof Helen Shipton
1230- 1315 Lunch and networking
1315- 1415 How to get known in your field (Prof Emma Parry, Prof Karin Sanders, Prof Mark Saunders)
1415- 1515 Break and syndicate group work
1515- 1600 Panel A & A
1600- 1615 Conclusion/ follow up
British Academy of Management and Cranfield School of Management
For general enquiries, please contact Linh Dang at the BAM Office on 02073837770 or email@example.com
£50 for BAM members
£60 for non-BAM members
If you are not a BAM member and would like to join BAM or find out more about the benefits of being a BAM member, please go to BAM membership.
Cancelation Policy - Should you wish to cancel your place, you will receive a full refund if your cancelation is made 4 weeks prior to the event. After this, full payment will be required. BAM reserves the right to cancel the event if there are not enough people to justify running the workshops.
|BAM Members||£ 50.00|
|Non-BAM Members||£ 60.00|