The Gender in Management SIG and the Leadership and Leadership Development SIG of the British Academy of Management are pleased to invite you to attend the “Women and Leadership: Taking stock and moving forward” event.
Despite the wealth of research and reports about the ways in which women have and continue to positively transform leadership practice, as well as the increase in the number of women in leadership positions, important challenges still remain. In addition to the overall underrepresentation of women in top leadership positions, women’s leadership styles and practices are subject to continuous scrutiny and negative stereotypes, and they face challenges linked to different forms of gender violence that emerge from gendered understanding of leadership.
In view of the rapid changes to work and workplaces, we need to reflect more insightfully about women in leadership, taking stock of what has been achieved so far and the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead. This event looks to reflect on the relationship between gender and leadership and how this shapes the experiences of women leaders. In particular, the event looks to bring to the fore ideas about how leadership is embodied, practiced and understood, how this has changed and the implications this has in order for leadership practice to support equal and sustainable dynamics of work and employment in the future.
This event is designed for academics, practitioners, researchers and policy makers. The speakers will be sharing on the relationship between gender and leadership, with a specific focus on women and leadership. Challenges and thoughts to set theory and practice agendas for the new decade will be the focus of the day.
3 June 2020, 9am start
Who Should Attend
This event will be of interest and relevance to academics, practitioners, policy makers, researchers, students and those interested in the relationship between gender and leadership, women and leadership and leadership development.
Benefits of Attendance
|• Gaining new insights on contemporary approaches to gender and leadership
• Reflecting on the diverse challenges and opportunities facing women in leadership positions
• Developing awareness of issues central to the relationship between gender and leadership
• Engaging in learning and networking with others in the field
Alliance Business School,
University of Manchester,
Booth St W,
• Professor Valerie Stead; Professor of Leadership and Management, Lancaster University Management School
• Anne-Marie McTavish; Head of Business School, University of Worcester.
• Lara Williams; Learning and Development Consultant and Co-founder of Momentum4
• Professor Carole Elliott; Professor of Organisation Studies, Sheffield University Management School
• Professor Jackie Ford; Professor of Leadership and Organisation Studies and Director of DBA, Durham University Business School
• Dr Doyin Atewologun; Reader and Director of Gender, Leadership and Inclusion Centre, Cranfield School of Management
• Professor Ruth Sealy; Director of Impact and Co-Director, Exeter Centre for Leadership, University of Exeter Business School
Gender in Management SIG and Leadership and Leadership Development SIG
For specific information about this event, please contact the workshop facilitator(s):
Dr Jenny Rodriguez Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Christian Harrison Email: email@example.com
Dr Huiping Xian Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For general enquiries, please contact Raluca Stroe at the BAM Office on 02073837770, or at email@example.com
BAM members - Student £10.00
BAM members - Ordinary £20.00
Non-BAM members- Students £15
Non-BAM members £30.00
Log into your account and proceed with the registration for the event.
Please follow the steps below:
2. Log into your account and proceed with the registration for the event.
If you are not a BAM member and would like to join BAM or find out more about the benefits of being a BAM member, please go to BAM BAM membership.
Please ensure that you are logged in (using the login box at the top of the screen) and then click the following link to register.
Cancelation Policy - Should you wish to cancel your place, you will receive a full refund if your cancelation is made 4 weeks prior to the event. After this, full payment will be required. BAM reserves the right to cancel the event if there are not enough people to justify running the workshops.
|BAM Doctoral Student Members||£ 10.00|
|BAM Members||£ 20.00|
|Non-BAM members- Students||£ 15.00|
|Non-BAM members||£ 30.00|