11th April 2017
10th April 2017
Diversity and Inclusion event BS 76005 launch - Valuing people through diversity and inclusion – Code of practice
10th April 2017
5th April 2017
2015 Annual Review
Development Programme for Directors of Research (DPDoR) 2016-2017
DPDOR is a joint initiative between the Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS) and the British Academy of Management (BAM). This programme has run for over a decade and it is designed for those holding a director of research post, or those aspiring and working towards the position within their institution.
What will the programme cover?
- The role of Director of Research
- Assessing and developing research strategy
- Devising research structures and management processes
- Research funding
- Managing REF results
- Research training and doctoral programmes
- Defining research impact
- Mentoring with a BAM Fellow
- Great opportunities for collaboration and discussion
- Gain confidence in dealing with the REF process from strategy, through implementation to the presentation of results
- Drive the agenda and tailor it to your particular questions.
Who should apply?
- Research Directors will find this programme particularly useful in the current REF climate.
- Those who are likely to succeed their current Director of Research will also find this programme of assistance throughout the transition and development within the role.
Session One - Chartered ABS Offices
24-25 November 2016
Session Two - BAM Office
26-27 January 2017
Session Three - Chartered ABS
30-31 March 2017
Session Four - BAM Office
15-16 June 2017
Fee: £3400 (including dinner, excluding accommodation). The programme fee must be paid in full upon registration.
Payments may be made in instalments.
Facilitator: Prof. Rick Delbridge
Rick Delbridge is Cardiff University's Dean of Research, Innovation & Enterprise and a Professor of Organizational Analysis at Cardiff Business School. He is an experienced research manager having served as the School's Associate Dean for Research from 2008 to 2012 before taking up his university-wide role. He has published widely on management, organisation and employment relations and has served as an Editor for Organization and Academy of Management Review. He is a Fellow of the British Academy of Management, the Academy of Social Sciences and the Learned Society of Wales.
Previous speakers in the programme have included:
- Professor Yehuda Baruch, Research Director, Southampton Business School
- Dr Louise Grisoni, Associate Dean Research and Knowledge Exchange, Oxford Brookes University
- Wilfred Mijnhardt, Policy Director RSM at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University
- Professor Martin Parker, Professor of Organisation and Culture, University of Leicester School of Management
- Professor Graeme Currie, Professor of Public Management and Associate Dean at Warwick Business School
Julia Balogun, Director of the Liverpool University Management School
Testimonials 2014/15 Programme:
'The workshop was relevant and informative to the job role and coverage of the REF2014 was timely and insightful. I would highly recommend the workshop to wannabe Director of Research or academics that are passionate about the development of research engagement in their institutions. The workshops further provided the opportunity to network with colleagues from other institutions and to share experience and knowhow. The benefits are far-reaching and worth the investment to attend'. Jonathan Liu, Regent’s University London.
'The course gave me the chance to meet people from a range of institutions, and it was reassuring to see that we share similar problems! The range of speakers and the hard work of the organisers to shape the programme to suit our demands made sure that I didn’t want to miss any of the 8 days.' Gary Bosworth, University of Lincoln.
*2015/2016 testimonials coming soon*
24th November 2016 to 30th June 2017
|Development Programme for Directors of Research (DPDOR) 2016/2017||£ 3400.00|
Upcoming BAM Events
4th May 2017
11th May 2017
23rd May 2017
7th June 2017
7th June 2017