SAMS/BAM Grant Scheme 2021
The Society for the Advancement of Management Studies (SAMS) and the British Academy of Management (BAM) are pleased to announce the launch of the second round of funding for the SAMS/BAM Research and Capacity Building Grant Scheme.
The scheme partnership strengthens the commitment of both organisations to support management research and promote capacity building.
The SAMS/BAM Research and Capacity Building Grant Scheme:
SAMS/BAM Research and Capacity Building grants are aimed at researchers who want to develop an empirical research project that:
Enables capacity building by bringing together a group of researchers from at least two HE institutions, including early career as well as experienced researchers
Produces novel conceptual outcomes based on rigorous, innovative use of methods and by developing original ways of thinking to address complex management problems
Demonstrates the social value of management research conducted in the public interest
- Maximum value of award is £150,000
- Duration of project between 24 months (minimum) and 36 months (maximum)
- Principal Investigators must be based in a UK HE institution, normally in a School of Management/Business (co-Investigators may be outside the UK)
- Principal Investigator and all Co-Investigators based in Schools of Management/Business must be BAM Members
- Mandatory Expression of Interest deadline: Wednesday 4th November 2020. ***NOW CLOSED***
- Full application deadline: Wednesday 2nd December 2020 at 17:00 GMT (online application form available Wednesday 2nd September)
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview by the SAMS/BAM Grant Award Committee in Spring 2021.
The maximum value of the award is £150,000. The duration of projects will be between 24 months (minimum) and 36 months (maximum). It is expected that one project will be funded in this second funding round.
It is envisaged that the funded project will involve researchers at two or more HE institutions in order to foster a culture of intellectual collaboration and enable capacity building. The intention of the scheme is to widen access of opportunity and increase the diversity and inclusivity of management research. Applications may address this in various ways, including by proposing an interdisciplinary research project if appropriate. Priority will be given to proposals with clear and effective publication, dissemination and impact plans.
Principal Investigators must be based at a UK HE institution and will normally be located in a School of Management or Business. Co-Investigators may be based in HE institutions outside the UK. HE institutions will be limited to submitting one application (as host institution/Principal Investigator) in response to each annual Scheme call.
The Principal Investigator and all Co-Investigator(s) who are based in Schools of Management or Business must be BAM Members and have active BAM membership for the duration of the project. It is a condition of award that the research findings are presented at a BAM annual conference during the funding period.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview by the SAMS/BAM Grant Award Committee in Spring 2021.
Applicants are advised to read the SAMS/BAM Research and Capacity Building Guidance for Applicants 2021 document, available below, before making an application to the Scheme.
** Current members of BAM and SAMS Councils are not eligible to apply as Principal Investigators or be named as Co-Investigators **
DOCUMENTATION FOR 2021 GRANT SCHEME:
Please download the Scheme documentation by clicking on the links below:
Guidance for Applicants 2021 (July 2020)
Mandatory EOI and Application Form Questions (July 2020)
Case for support, workplan and budget template (July 2020)
Example Contract and Terms and Conditions (July 2020)
TIMELINE AND DEADLINES FOR 2021 GRANT SCHEME:
- August 2020 - Call launch and Word documents available
- Wednesday 2nd September 2020 - Online grant portal application available at https://bam.grantplatform.com/ from Wednesday 2nd September
- Wednesday 4th November 2020 - Deadline for MANDATORY Expression of Interest form - NOW CLOSED
- Wednesday 2nd December 2020 at 17:00 GMT - Deadline for final applications
- Spring 2021 - Interviews for shortlisted project teams
- Tuesday 1st June 2021 - earliest start date for awarded project
Full Applications must be submitted electronically via the BAM Grants Scheme website. You can register for a user account now at: https://bam.grantplatform.com/
You are advised to submit your application before the final deadline day to avoid any technical problems. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
For any questions on the scheme, please contact the British Academy of Management Grants Administrator, Stuart Hull, at [email protected]