21st February 2017
Book announcement - Freedom, Authority and Economics: Essays on Michael Polanyi's Politics and Economics
15th February 2017
8th February 2017
6th February 2017
3rd February 2017
2015 Annual Review
Management and Business History
Signup to Join the SIG
|BAM Members||Non BAM Members|
About the SIG
A major finding of the oversubscribed PDW on the role of History in Management Studies held at BAM 2016 in Newcastle was that interest in the value of historical research for the study of business and management is considerable. BAM has had a successful Management and Business History track since 2011 which has attracted wide interest. We would like to build on this annual success at the conference by being able to hold events in between conferences in order to further build capacity and encourage historical research in the business and management fields, and would aim to work with other BAM SIGs to do this, as well as external groups such as the Management History Research Group and the Business Archives Council. A future possibility here would be to assist BAM in understanding its own history and preserving its archives.
- The advancement of historical research in the fields of business and management research – including the advancement of management history and business history as particular fields, but also in related fields such as strategy, marketing, operations, HR, organisational behaviour, accounting and finance.
- The advancement of history as a method for business and management research.
- The promotion of the role of history within management education, especially in university business and management schools.
- To advance the representation of management and business history scholars and their research within the academy, for instance to bodies such as the CABS and in terms of REF assessment
- Kevin Tennent – Chair (email@example.com)
Kevin Tennent – Track Co- Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Roy Edwards – Track Co-Chair and Archives Liason (email@example.com)
Alex Gillett – Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Joe Lane – Treasurer (email@example.com)
Upcoming BAM Events
10th March 2017
10th March 2017
31st March 201712th Annual workshop on Teaching Research Methods to Business and Management Students: Your Research Methodology Class Has HOW MANY Students?!
6th April 2017BAM IB&IM SIG Event: Case Selection in Qualitative Case Study Research in International Business and International Management
7th April 2017Joint BAM Event: Management Education in Turbulent Times. Journal of Management Education Special Issue, paper development workshop