We invite you to join the International Leadership Association in San Francisco November 5-8, 2020, on the edge, as we explore leadership, the ways that we lead, and what we expect from leaders and followers. Download the Call for Proposals.
Deadline to Submit Online is February 1, 2020.
Details at: http://www.ila-net.org/2020global/
Leading at the Edge
Human beings have created so much that is wondrous, powerful, and beautiful. Over the centuries we have learned to fly, communicate instantly across huge distances, heal diseases, and see across the universe. Yet vestiges and legacies of tribalism, fear, and hostility remain and repeatedly flare, threatening to engulf us. We exist on the edge of innovation and destruction, the edge of what we dread versus what we dream.
Edges of natural systems and societies naturally stimulate growth and inventiveness as their inhabitants navigate their way through the borderlands. It is fitting that Leading at the Edge, ILA’s 2020 annual global conference, will take place in San Francisco, a city of possibility where a continent meets an ocean. San Francisco is known for attracting people engaged in exploring the edges in the arts, sciences, and business, as well as in themselves. Here, local groups are experimenting with different pathways to racial and socio-economic healing and new directions in neuroscience, biomedicine, AI, and telehealth – just to name a few.
We invite you to join us in San Francisco, on the edge, as we explore leadership, the ways that we lead, and what we expect from leaders. Leadership can seem, at times, like an empty word. Leaders can accumulate power, aggrandize themselves, and make others suffer as they advance their own interests over those of others. Leaders can also inspire people to act individually and collectively in ways that are kind and that nourish one another and our planet. As leaders and as colleagues committed to leadership scholarship, development, education, and practice, we can influence how leaders move us toward (or away from) a healthy planet and a better world.
Come share your forward-thinking, innovative research and projects! We invite you to bring your experience and knowledge as we ask:
- HOW CAN WE SUPPORT leadership for the greater good in business, government, NGOs, and education throughout the globe?
- HOW CAN WE CHANGE the conversation on wicked problems like climate change?
- HOW CAN WE SHIFT public discourse towards listening and respect for each other and all living beings on our planet — towards championing the rich variety of animals and plants, rather than extinguishing them, and upholding the human rights of all people?
- HOW CAN WE CONTRIBUTE to the creation and success of regenerative businesses and cultures where we support life, commerce, community, and growth for the next seven generations?
- HOW CAN OUR COLLABORATION in the trusted space of the ILA generate actions, research, and teaching that encourage leaders to create dynamic civil societies and communities with heart and consciousness?
- HOW CAN WE CREATE healthy environments in our professional and personal lives that give people confidence and the will to contribute?
ILA 2020 will nourish those who lead, consult, teach, study, and conduct research with exciting ideas, innovative projects, and good friends — both old and new.