Professors Mike Pidd (chair of the subpanel), Richard Thorpe and Rick Delbridge have been confirmed as speakers at the BAM REF Conference for Deans and Directors of Research, taking place on 28th November in London.
The high profile event, organised by the BAM Capacity Building Subcommittee, will take place on 28th November at Macmillan Hall, Senate House, London.
Professor Kathryn Haynes, chair of the BAM Capacity Building subcommittee, said on the reasoning behind the conference:
One of the key aims of the British Academy of Management (BAM) is to strengthen and support business and management research in the UK. As institutions begin to prepare for the forthcoming Research Excellence Framework (REF) research assessment, BAM is putting on this one day conference to support members in the run up to REF. This event is an opportunity for business and management school representatives to hear from the Panel members about the implementation of REF criteria, significant differences from RAE and how institutions can approach preparation for REF.
The conference will address key aspects of the newly revised REF criteria including:
- Assessment of outputs
- Inclusion of assessment of impact
- Revised eligibility criteria for staff
- Removal of ‘esteem’ as a distinct element
- Revised approach to ‘environment’
- Strengthened equality and diversity measures
- Understanding Units of Assessment
Confirmed speakers at the conference include:
- Professor Mike Pidd Chair of Business and Management Panel
- Professor Richard Thorpe - Panel Member Business and Management
- Professor Rick Delbridge – Associate Dean (Research), Cardiff Business School
BAM is encouraging the Deans and Directors of Research of UK business and Management institutions to book thier places now to ensure their school is represented. To register, complete the REF Conference Registration Form and send it to Rupert Ward at email@example.com.