We are recuriting for the post of Administration & Membership Officer.
Job Title: Membership and Administration Officer
Reports to: Head of Events and Operations
Closing Date: 30th September 2019 (with ongoing review of applications)
Salary: Up to £25,109 depending on experience
General Scope and Purpose of Role
The Membership and Administration Officer is a key role within the office. Besides producing quality written and numerical data, and being very familiar with Microsoft Excel and Word, you will provide general administration duties to the team. As well as maintaining the positive office environment, you will act as a key point of contact with stakeholders, members and delegates, investigating and resolving their queries. Highly skilled at managing a wide variety of people from different backgrounds you will be innovative and contribute positively to the working environment. Ideally the job holder is recent graduate who enjoys the challenge of following processes and maintaining order.
The British Academy of Management is the leading learned society for business and management scholars and researchers, with 2000 members and over 21 different Special Interest Groups and networks. We publish two leading academic journals and run a major international academic conference in the UK each year, as well as many other events for our community. We are a small friendly team, based in central London.
- Key Accountabilities and Duties
- Provide a general membership service to the members. Ensure the database is updated in a timely manner.
- First point of contact for all telephone calls - supporting stakeholders, members and delegates with regards to investigating queries until they are fully resolved. Manage the Academy inbox, ensuring that email traffic is monitored and dealt with accordingly. Support the smooth running of the office including:
- Organise and distribute Committee meeting agendas and notes
- Minute Executive Committee and Council meetings
- Maintain records of committee membership/attendance
- Manage outgoing/incoming correspondence; print, scan and photocopy
- Book travel/accommodation for the CEO, Trustees and team.
- Book meeting rooms and catering
- Meet and greet visitors and handle telephone enquires with courtesy and diligence
- Ensure stationery and other supplies are replenished and monitored
- Attend to the general housekeeping of the office
- Provide support to the annual conference, including preparing and sending delegate material and acting as general support at the annual conference.
- Maintain an inventory of marketing materials; assist in their preparation and assembly.
- Maintain and administer supplier contracts, working with the Head of Events and Operations to ensure maximum value for money.
- Support basic financial administration including monitoring and recording petty cash.
- Provide administration support to the team including producing ad hoc reporting, supporting the Events Officer and proactively monitoring meeting bookings.
- Maintain and review documentation of business procedures
- Maintain all filing systems (electronic/physical) ensuring they are accurate and up to date.
- Undertake ad hoc projects ensuring that project parameters and outcomes are clear and documented appropriately.
- Maintain a good understanding of the business of the Academy, and processes required for an efficient operation.
- Remain committed to self-improvement
C. Key Skills
- Graduate with good understanding of the Higher Education environment
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent organisational and prioritising abilities
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Positive ‘Can do’ attitude
- Adaptability and resourcefulness
To apply please submit your CV and with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org .