When: 15:30 - 17:00 I Tuesday 3rd September 2019
Where: Aston University I Birmingham I MB261, Main Building
Cost: free of charge to all BAM2019 Conference attendees
BAM has repeatedly provided a forum for discussions about the relationship between theory and practice in management research and we are each challenged to account for the impact of our research. This panel, comprising senior practitioners and senior academics, will explore how and why management theory is used. By reflecting on three examples the session will explore how research might be commissioned by practitioners, how research outcomes are communicated and how research is consumed. You’ll leave with a clearer understanding of what practitioners value in research and how to build pathways to impact.
Chaired by Professor Robert MacIntosh, Heriot-Watt University.
- Sue Clark, former head, SAB Miller and board member, Imperial plc, Britvic plc and AkzoNobel
- William McGrath, Chairman, Everest
- Gary Wroe, Managing Director, Hockley Mint
- Prof Jean Bartunek, Prof of Management and Organization, Boston College, USA
- Prof Katy Mason, Chair, British Academy of Management, Lancaster University, UK
Image by - Hans Peter Gaust