The Chair’s vision for the Entrepreneurship SIG would be to build upon the existing foundations and establish effective research collaborations across academia and with industry professionals. Complementary links with other SIGs could also be explored. The SIG objectives are to provide a forum for discussion, debate and dissemination on entrepreneurship-related issues, to aid networking between members, and to encourage interaction and collaboration internally and externally, as a means of forming bridges between BAM, public policy and practice through research, networking and knowledge transfer activities. Areas of interest would include issues where entrepreneurship has economic impact or impact on society more broadly and this would include new venture creation, entrepreneurship education, innovation, survival, growth, female entrepreneurship, family business entrepreneurship, ethnic minority entrepreneurship, creative industries, entrepreneurial finance, marketing, learning and more.
SIG Events 2019-2020:
- 16 January 2019: Strategy as practice meets Entrepreneurship as Practice – mutual gains or competition?
- 29 May 2019: Academic Entrepreneurship: Core Research Challenges and Future Research
- February 2020: Webinar Series: Quantitative Research for All
Session 1: Data Cleaning, 13th February 2020, 15:00-17:00 UK time
Session 2: Introduction to Structural Equation Modeling (SEM), 20th February 2020, 15:00-17:00 UK time
Session 3: Nvivo for Qualitative research, 25th February 2020, 15:00-17:30 UK time
Session 4: Mediation and Moderation in Structural Equation Modeling, 27th February 2020, 10:00am-12:00noon UK time
- 6 March 2020: Digital Transformation And Circular Entrepreneurship International Symposium
- 11 June 2020: Online Symposium: Inclusive Entrepreneurship in Context
SIG Chair - Professor Simon O’Leary
Track Chair - Professor Wilson Ng
Treasurer - Dr Aqueel Wahga
Secretary - Dr Roopa Nagaraju