Signup to Join the SIG
|BAM Members||Non BAM Members|
About the SIG
This SIG was formed in 2008 and aims to encourage inter-disciplinary research into corporate governance from a variety of disciplinary and theoretical perspectives. Corporate governance is viewed as being about all aspects of the control of organisations, and the interests which organisations serve. Specific areas of governance include managerial remuneration and the composition of boards of directors but it is clear that corporate governance refers more widely to systems of finance, ownership and regulation. Corporate governance is of immense significance in the current economic climate, and the current malaise in the financial system owes much to governance and regulatory failures.
- Act as a forum for the discussion of contemporary corporate governance (CG) issues, and to stimulate innovative and high quality research into corporate governance
- Act as a focal point for generating cross-disciplinary and cross-institutional research initiatives and proposals
- Provide a means for inputting academic expertise and advice into the policy and corporate agendas
- Provide a focal point and 'resource centre' for doctoral students in CG
- Contribute to the development of the corporate governance curricula at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
Corporate Governance SIG Virtual Issue
Virtual Issues of BAM Journals are a source of articles from the British Journal of Management and the International Journal of Management Reviews that focus on the intellectual domain of respective SIGs.
If you are preparing an article or thinking about reading lists for a particular course, the virtual issues may be a good place to start.
- Jia Liu: J.Liu@salford.ac.uk
- Leslie Spiers: email@example.com
- Maggie Xiaowen: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bchr Alatassi: email@example.com
Additional Committee Member
- Shukhrat Nasrov: firstname.lastname@example.org