BAM Peer Review College Further Information
The BAM PRC supports three of our core strategic aims: to drive research excellence; to support capacity building and career development; and to underpin a sustainable research funding platform for our members.
The BAM PRC supports our journals, conferences and grant schemes and promotes research excellence through high-quality feedback and selection, both within BAM and in the wider business and management community. Appointment to the BAM PRC is a recognition of excellence and achievement in its own right; membership is recognised publicly on this website here and certificates will be awarded to those who successfully complete their term of membership.
The College has two tiers of members - PRC Fellows and PRC Members - who are appointed following a process of nomination and evaluation.
- PRC Fellows are members of BAM who are senior academics and highly experienced reviewers, who act as mentors to the PRC Members and otherwise assist in locating reviewers for BAM’s various activities. PRC Fellows are appointed for 3-5-year terms.
- PRC Members are members of BAM who are typically mid-career academics interested in developing their reviewing skills and contributing to the community in a carefully calibrated and supported way during their term of College membership. PRC Members are appointed for a 3-year term, with an agreed level of reviews for BAM, in the region of 2-3 reviews per annum.
Appointments to the BAM Peer Review College are made by a panel of experts with experience of research funding and journal reviewing at the highest level.
BAM members who would like to join the BAM PRC should meet the following criteria:
In order to be eligible for nomination as a MEMBER of the BAM Peer Review College you must have:
- One or more of the following:
- Track record of 3 years of reviewing for at least one peer-reviewed journal.
- Clear track record of reviewing for 6 international conferences
- Clear track record of reviewing for grant schemes
- Plus Track record of publication of world-class quality.
- Plus Commitment to BAM’s core values of Equality, Diversity, Inclusivity and Respect.
In order to be eligible for nomination as FELLOW of the BAM Peer Review College you must have:
- Evidence of engagement in significant reviewing activity for at least 5 years e.g. one or more of the following:
- Editor-in-Chief or Associate Editor for a major peer-reviewed journal
- Evidenced experience of winning grants and / or reviewing for major grant schemes (e.g. BAM, ESRC, etc.)
- Evidence of having a significant leadership role in the research structure of your institution, e.g. Research Director or having led for REF within the institution
- Evidence of external engagement with influential stakeholders, e.g. member of REF sub-panel and/ or conducting research that speaks to the grand challenges facing our society and economy
- Plus Outstanding record of publication of world-class quality
- Plus Clear commitment to BAM’s core values of Equality, Diversity, Inclusivity and Respect
- Plus Commitment to developing the next generation.