Due to the ongoing industrial action within the UK, the deadline to submit a grant application has been submitted until Thursday 30th March.
The British Academy of Management (BAM) together with the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM), the Irish Academy of Management (IAM) and Società Italiana di Management (SIMA) are pleased to have launched the 2023 grant schemes.
These schemes are part of BAM’s mission to build a thriving, pluralistic research community by supporting relevant, ethical and innovative management and business research.
- BAM Transitions 1 Research Grant (maximum £4,000 per project for up to 3 projects) for early career researchers
- BAM Transitions 2 Research Grant (maximum £4,000 per project for up to 3 projects) for established researchers
- BAM Management Knowledge and Education (MKE) Award (maximum £4,000 per project for up to 3 projects)
- BAM/ANZAM Collaborative Research Award (maximum £6,000 for 1 project)
- BAM/IAM Collaborative Research Award (maximum £4,000 for 1 project)
- BAM/SIMA Collaborative Research Award (maximum £4,000 for 1 project)
Individuals can apply to only one of the above schemes in any one year, whether as Principal Investigator or Co-Investigator. Current and incoming BAM, ANZAM, IAM and SIMA Council and Management Board members are not eligible to apply for these schemes.
- Application portal open Monday 14th November 2022
- Application deadline Thursday 30th March 2023 (16:00 GMT/17:00 CET)
- Notification of results July 2022
- Earliest award start date 1st October 2023
Applications must be submitted electronically via the BAM Grant Schemes application portal at https://bam.grantplatform.com/
ONLINE WORKSHOPS TO SUPPORT APPLICANTS:
- BAM and partner grants information session (1-hr webinar, free to attend) - Thursday 17th November 2022 (12:00 GMT/13:00 CET)
- BAM and partner grants research grant workshop (2-hr interactive webinar, price tbc) - Monday 12th December 2022 (12:00 GMT/13:00 CET)
- BAM MKE grant application development workshop (half-day interactive workshop, price tbc) - January/February 2023 (more information to follow)
More details on each scheme are available at: https://www.bam.ac.uk/grants/bam-grant-schemes-2023.html
For any enquiries on the grant schemes, please contact the BAM Grants Administrator, Stuart Hull, by email to [email protected]
SAMS-BAM Research and Capacity Building Grant Scheme
The Society for the Advancement of Management Studies (SAMS) and BAM successfully launched a new grant scheme in 2019, with two awards being made for projects starting in 2020. A second funding round launched in 2020 with one award being made in 2021.
The scheme partnership strengthens the commitment of both organisations to support management research and promote capacity building.
- SAMS-BAM Research and Capacity Building Grant Scheme
SAMS/BAM Research and Capacity Building Scheme - awarded grants
SAMS/BAM Research and Capacity Building Scheme - further information