BAM Grant Schemes
The British Academy of Management (BAM) Grant Schemes consist of funding for three categories of project.
These schemes are part of the Academy’s mission to build a thriving, pluralistic research community by supporting relevant, ethical and innovative management and business research.
- BAM Transitions 1 Research Grant (maximum £4,000 per project) for Early Career Researchers
- BAM Transitions 2 Research Grant (maximum £4,000 per project) for established researchers
- BAM Management Knowledge and Education (MKE) Award (maximum £4,000 per project)
Collaborative Research Award Schemes
BAM together with the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM), Irish Academy of Management (IAM) and Società Italiana di Management (SIMA) are pleased to announce the launch of the 2021 grant schemes.
Internationally collaborative research is very important and BAM is delighted to be able to join with sister organisations in other parts of the world in offering grants that make that happen. Each of these schemes enables a UK academic to pair with a colleague from the other nation. BAM runs a series of grant schemes in collaboration with the following international academies and societies of management.
- BAM/ANZAM Collaborative Research Award (maximum £6,000 per project)
- BAM/IAM Collaborative Research Award (maximum £4,000 or €4,500 per project)
- BAM/SIMA Collaborative Research Award (maximum £4,000 or €4,500 per project)
SAMS/BAM Research and Capacity Building Grant Scheme
The Society for the Advancement of Management Studies (SAMS) and BAM successfully launched a new grant scheme in 2019, with two awards being made for projects starting in 2020. A second round of funding to award a further project is currently in progress.
The scheme partnership strengthens the commitment of both organisations to support management research and promote capacity building.
- SAMS/BAM Research and Capacity Building Grant Scheme (maximum £150,000 per project)
Expressions of Interest for the 2021 funding round are now closed. More information for applicants is available here: