This interactive online workshop is open to anyone who is planning to submit an application to the BAM and Partner Grant Schemes 2023. It seeks to help applications to understand what makes a potentially successful application to the BAM and Partner Research Grant Schemes and how applications will be assessed. Delegates will have an opportunity to apply the assessment criteria to a previously submitted application.
The workshop consists of the following three parts:
- Part 1: Explanation of application process, peer review process and assessment criteria
- Part 2: Application of assessment criteria to previously submitted application
- Part 3: Questions and answers
It is strongly recommended that delegates familiarise themselves with the content of the BAM and Partner Research Grant Schemes information session before attending the workshop. The slides and a recording of the event is available at BAM and Partner Grant Schemes 2023
Who Should Attend?
Anybody who is planning to submit an application to the BAM and Partner Grant Schemes 2023. Please note that applicants to these grant schemes must hold a doctorate level qualification at the point of application.
This event will be facilitated by:
Professor Stefanie Reissner, University of Essex - BAM Chair of Research Grants
- Professor Julie Gore, Birkbeck, University of London
- Professor Zoe Morrison, Robert Gordon University
- Professor Martin Spring, University of Lancaster
- Professor Catherine Wang, Brunel University London
Benefits of attending
- To learn more about what makes a successful BAM and partner grant application, and which mistakes to avoid.
- To learn more about how assessment criteria have been applied in the peer review process in the past through an interactive online session.
- To learn more about how to put together a high-quality application.
- To encourage capacity building in your area of research.
Please note that attending this workshop does not guarantee success in being awarded funding.
Please contact the BAM Office at [email protected] with any queries related to the grants scheme.
If you are an ANZAM, IAM and SIMA member, please contact [email protected] to book your free ticket.
This event is free to BAM, ANZAM, IAM and SIMA members, and £50 for non-members.
If you are booking multiple paid events as a Non-Member, it may be cheaper for you to purchase a BAM Membership as nearly all BAM Events are free or at a discounted rate for Members.
For more information, please visit BAM Membership
Registrations close on 9th December 2022 at 23:59 UK time
Payment and Cancellation Policy
Payment for the event must be received before the start date of the event concerned. Access will not be permitted to the event if full payment has not been received.
Cancellations received within 14 days of booking your place on the event will receive a full refund.
Cancellations received after the 14-day cancellation period and later than 14 days before the start date of the event will not be eligible for a refund.
Although we endeavour to run all events as advertised, BAM reserves the right to cancel any event if, for example, there are not enough people to justify running the event or if other significant unforeseen circumstances arise. Please be aware that delegates are always responsible for ensuring their own travel and accommodation against cancellation, and the British Academy of Management is not able to reimburse anyone for these under any circumstances.
For the reimbursement of registration fee notification of cancellation must be received by email to: [email protected] two weeks prior to the event.
If paying by invoice, a purchase order number must be submitted.
If payment is not received by the date on the invoice, your registration will be cancelled, and you will need to register again at the current registration rates.