The global challenge to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) for sustainable consumption and production, innovation, communities, energy sources, and climate action has been the focus of the international community and enterprises. Governments and companies increasingly coordinate through reaching Net Zero, highlighting the need for organisations to re-set their strategies. Enterprises have also responded to these challenges by including awareness and taking actions towards sustainable growth and a green economy. However, the growing flow of corporate communication and disclosure is not always coupled with actions. Regulators, such as the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA), set recently (in February 2022) priorities for sustainable financing, tackling greenwashing and promoting transparency.
We invite presentations in any area of sustainability that can be empirical, theoretical, and conceptual.
The International Conference is organised by the Portsmouth Business School, University of Portsmouth and promoted by BAM (British Academy of Management). The Conference will feature keynote presentations from leading scholars, panel presentations and a series of parallel track sessions for Researchers to present their ongoing research.
Who should attend
We welcome academics and practitioners at all levels. The event could be of particular interest to those working in management, finance, strategy, and marketing (either in industry or in academia) and those generally interested in addressing Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Benefits of attendance
- To better understand and explore sustainability issues
- To gain and bring together academic and practitioner insights on greenwashing
- Knowledge exchange and Networking with academics, practitioners and journal editors
- To get research feedback and take advantage of publication opportunities
Publication opportunities and awards
- Best prize award from the ABS-3star Journal ‘Psychology & Marketing’ (Wiley), the best paper and the authors who will win the prize can submit to the journal subject to the regular revision process.
- Special Issue in the ABS-2star Journal ‘Journal of International Financial Management and Accounting’ (Wiley), Impact factor:1.83
- Special Issue in the Journal ‘Risks’(Mdpi) Impact factor:1.69
- Journal ‘Green Finance’ (AIMS).
The deadline for submitting final papers in Conference-related Special issues/Journals will be 31st December 2022.
Marc Goergen, Professor of Finance at IE Business School, Spain
Pierre Failler, Professor of Economics at University of Portsmouth, UNESCO Chair in Ocean Governance
Matthew Dunlap, European ESG Lead and Finance Partner at Morrison & Foerster LLP,UK
George Harding-Rolls, Corporate Campaign Manager,Changing Markets Foundation
Meet the editor event
Giampaolo Viglia, Editor-in-Chief of Psychology & Marketing
Sabri Boubaker, Editor-in-Chief of Journal of International Financial Management and Accounting
Abstract or Paper Submission deadline: 15th July 2022 Acceptance/rejection notification: 24th July 2022
Early Conference Registration deadline: 5th August 2022 Late Registration deadline: 15 th August 2022 Conference dates: 15-16 September2022
Prof. Hisham Farag , Birmingham Business School, UK Prof. Sabri Boubaker, EM Normandie, France
Dr. Konstantinos Vergos, Portsmouth Business School, University of Portsmouth, UK
Centre for Blue Governance, University of Portsmouth
Contact & Submissions
Please submit your research paper/abstract and/or contact at [email protected]