Call for Papers - “Cultural and Creative Industries and the challenge of Sustainable Development: opportunities for universities, policy, industries and communities”
CALL FOR PAPERS, Special Session proposal at the Triple Helix conference 2022, 27-29 June, in Florence (Italy) about “Cultural and Creative Industries and the challenge of Sustainable Development: opportunities for universities, policy, industries and communities”
Elisa Salvador, Professor (PhD, HDR) of Innovation and Creativity at ESSCA School of Management, France, corresponding editor
Roberta Comunian, Reader in Creative Economy, Department of Culture, Media and Creative Industries, King’s College, London, UK
This Special Session is an opportunity to discover how Cultural and Creative Industries (CCIs) are embracing the challenge of sustainable development and to highlight best practices about sustainable solutions being implemented in the several CCIs’ sectors.
Exemplary research questions and topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- What role do Higher Education Institutions play or can play in developing creative human capital engaged in a sustainability agenda?
- What role for the Governments and other public stakeholders like administrative authorities and agencies in supporting and facilitating CCIs sustainable ambitions?
- What role can Businesses networks and platforms play developing at local and national level agendas for sustainable CCIs?
- What practices are being implemented and could be considered as “Smart” solutions?
The organizers of this Special Session invite contributions that will enlighten our understanding of sustainability matters in the arts and culture sector and further our collective knowledge facing the Triple Helix model and its recent evolutions.
The Special Session aims at collecting original contributions on these topics. We welcome qualitative or quantitative propositions, covering different countries, in the form of theoretical, conceptual, and empirical contributions.
- Abstract Submission: 10th January 2022
- Notification of abstract acceptance: 28 January 2022
- Reply of confirmation from the accepted author(s) that at least 1 speaker will attend the Special Session and present the paper: 30 January 2022
The full text of the call for papers is available here: