Doctoral Conference in Strategy, Corporate Governance, Innovation, and International Business
The BAM Corporate Governance SIG in partnrship with the Centre for Entreprise and Innovation at De Montfort University (UK) are delighted to invite you to the 1st Doctoral Conference in Strategy, Corporate Governance, Innovation, and International Business. The conference aims to help Ph.D. students and early career researchers to learn more about job search and publishing strategies, as well as to showcase their research.
The conference will consist of two panels – on ‘The Job Market’ and on ‘Publishing in Top Journals’, a keynote presentation from Professor Mark Casson (University of Reading, UK), and a range of parallel sessions, where participants will present their research. This format will provide a unique opportunity for participants to gain feedback from leading business scholars on how to land a job in these difficult times and how to develop a successful research career. The conference will be highly interactive, so participants are encouraged to ask questions and contribute to the discussion.
We invite abstracts from Ph.D. students and early career researchers of finished work or work in progress that enhances our understanding of the broad areas of strategy, corporate governance, innovation, and international business. All individuals who work in these areas to submit their research to the conference are strongly encouraged to submit their work.
Corporate Governance SIG in partnership with the Centre for Entreprise and Innovation at De Montfort University (Leicester, UK)
Who Should Attend?
- Early career researcher working in the fields of strategy, corporate governance, innovation, and international business
- Ph.D. students at any stage doing research in the fields of strategy, corporate governance, innovation, and international business
The event speaks to Sections A1, C1 and E1, as detailed in the BAM Framework
Benefits of attending
- Learn from the keynote presentation that will focus on advancing the research agenda
- Present your research in a friendly and supportive environment and gain valuable feedback during the paper development workshop
- Gain feedback on your abstract from experts and senior academics
- Meet with senior academics to discuss strategies and tips for getting a job
- Meet other doctoral students, researchers, and senior academics
Call for Papers
Please send a one-page abstract by the 19th of February, 2021, to:
Please see the call for papers for guidance on the abstract (the link is below). Include your surname and institution name into the subject line of the email and the file name of your submission (e.g., Gokh DMU). All abstracts will receive brief feedback from reviewers.
You will be notified whether your paper has been selected for the participation in the conference by the 1st of March, 2021
The call for papers can be found at the following link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g467sd56936gfcc/AABCj50gB9Z9jsP-i6oSL0tta?dl=0
Professor Mark Casson, University of Reading, UK
Other speakers will be announced in due course.
Please contact the BAM Office at [email protected] with any queries.
BAM Members: free
Non-Members fee: £25