BAM2021 Conference- Call for Professional Development Workshops (PDWs)
The British Academy of Management is pleased to formally announce the call for Professional Development Workshops (PDWs), to be presented at the BAM2021 Virtual Conference. We invite you to submit workshop proposals on any aspect of business and management scholarship including research, teaching and engagement with practice. If successful, your proposal will play an important role in helping to update fellow academics and providing research leadership within your discipline. If you have presented a successful PDW at other conferences, we would encourage you to submit this to the BAM Conference.
The deadline to submit PDWs is Friday 21st May, 17:00 (BST)
Speakers will be given a session of 1 hour (plus 15 minutes) to present their Professional Development Workshop (PDW). Professional Development Workshop proposals should be submitted via the BAM conference submission system where, for submission purposes only, they are listed as a track.
Things to consider:
Before submitting your PDW proposal, we encourage you to think about the following points:
- What is your PDW aspiring to achieve? How do you plan to communicate this across the various input sessions?
- How will you convey your central message to attendees?
- What do you envisage attendees taking from the event (New knowledge? New skills? Different opinions?)
- Is the theme phrased in a way that is appealing to potential delegates?
- Does every contributor add a unique perspective that further promotes your PDW’s aims and objectives?
- How can your workshop emphasise the professional development opportunities it provides?
We recognise that online delivery of PDWs will limit the amount of interaction with the audience and we would encourage facilitators to consider using polling, breakout rooms and other interactive features when submitting proposals.
PDW proposals should include:
- A 250-word abstract
- A 1-2 page overview
- An explanation as to why the workshop will be of interest to BAM delegates and an estimate of number of attendees
- A description of workshop's format
For more information, please visit the Conference homepage.