SAMS and BAM Research and Capacity Building Grant Scheme 2024 - Application portal opens Monday 30th October 2023
The Society for the Advancement of Management Studies (SAMS) and the British Academy of Management (BAM) are pleased to announce the launch of the third round of funding for the SAMS/BAM Research and Capacity Building Grant Scheme.
The scheme partnership strengthens the commitment of both organisations to support management research and promote capacity building.
The SAMS/BAM Research and Capacity Building Grant Scheme:
SAMS/BAM Research and Capacity Building grants are aimed at UK-based researchers who want to boost their research capacity and/or network within and beyond academia by
- extending or adding a new dimension to a substantial existing research project.
- undertaking a substantial new research project highlighting the social value of management research on your own or with a small team of co-investigators.
- connecting with other scholars across disciplines to produce collaborative outputs or build an interdisciplinary and/or international investigator team as a foundation for further research.
We particularly welcome applications:
- from interdisciplinary and/or international investigator teams; investigator teams involving members from underrepresented ethnic groups, countries, or regions; and investigator teams involving practitioners.
- for which other funding (at least in-kind) from the Principal Investigator’s employing institution and/or a third party has been secured.
- in which a long-term trajectory of research is apparent.
The maximum value of the award is £60,000. The duration of projects will be between 18 months (minimum) and 24 months (maximum). It is expected that one project will be funded in this third funding round.
TIMELINE AND DEADLINES FOR 2024 GRANT SCHEME:
- Mid-October: Scheme documentation available to download from mid-October.
- Monday 30th October 2023: Call launch, funding documents and online grants portal available
- November 2023: Mandatory scheme information session and optional grant application development workshop
- Thursday 1st February 2024 at 17:00 UK time: Deadline for final applications
- w/c 17th June 2024: Interviews for shortlisted project teams
- Monday 2nd September 2024: Earliest start date for awarded project
For further information, please visit https://www.bam.ac.uk/grants/sams-bam-research-and-capacity-building-grant-2024.html
If you have any questions on the entry process, please contact the British Academy of Management Grants Administrator, Stuart Hull, by email at [email protected]