New Professors Programme launched - Registration now open!
We are pleased to confirm the launch of our newly created New Professors Programme taking place over two sessions in 2024.
The programme has designed to support new professors in crafting and developing their careers and will draw on the experience of established professors who have chosen different professorial career pathways and opportunities. They will share their stories and will give advice and tips as appropriate. Topics covered will include developing your professorial identity and professorial job crafting; research leadership and supporting and mentoring colleagues; doing consultancy work; attracting and managing significant research funding; transitioning into senior management.
The objectives of the programme are:
- provide an opportunity to step back and reflect on future career opportunities and different trajectories (e.g. senior management, research leadership, learning and teaching focused and engagement focused)
- consider the challenges facing promoted professors in transitioning into their new role(s)
- consider the range of professorial activities and possibilities (e.g. consultancy, media engagement)
- support new professors in planning and crafting their personal future careers and pathways
- facilitate networking among new professors in business and management
This programme is in-person only. The two sessions will be held on the 16th April 2024 at Aston Business School, Birmingham and 13th June 2024 at the Institute of Structural Engineers, London.
The fee to attend this programme is £595 for all sessions (early bird deadline is 29 February 2024). For additional information, please click here.