Covid-19: How the BAM Community can help
The business and management community can support the UK Government, Parliament, and the wider research and innovation community in tackling the COVID-19 pandemic. This page is a resource to help you use your expertise to do exactly that. It will be updated regularly with opportunities for you to share your knowledge and research with policymakers and others as they seek solutions and understanding in these difficult times.
In particular, we encourage you to sign up to the database of experts now managed by the UK Government (here). We would also like to thank those BAM members and Fellows who have already answered the call and signed up to expert database run by the Parliamentary Office of Science & Technology (POST).
Below, we provide these links to these and many other opportunities for you to share your knowledge for good, including a number of other current government consultations and parliamentary inquiries covering aspects of the pandemic. We also provide a number of other resources and links to help you engage on the issue. If you have any questions or would like further information on how you can help, please contact: [email protected]
Opportunities for Engagement:
- UK Government’s COVID-19 Expert Database. Sign up at: https://forms.gle/jCB4FTZn6YeRJmrv7
- POST has identified 20 COVID-19 Areas of Research Interest (ARIs) for UK Parliament, and is inviting experts to add their research relating to these ARIs to a repository that may be used to inform Parliament's work in future.
Inquiries & Consultations
The long-term impact of the pandemic on towns and cities, COVID-19 Committee (ends 30 June 2021)
- POST’s page on how to Engage with Parliament as a researcher around COVID-19
- Parliament’s COVID-19 news page.
- Find UKRI supported funding for research that addresses COVID-19 and its impacts
- EU Commission’s page on EU supported research and innovation projects
- The United Nations Global Compact on #UnitingBusiness to respond to COVID-19
- International Council for Small Business (ICSB)’s resource page on the COVID-19 responses by International Organizations