SynopsisThis is the welcome event to a series run by the Marketing and Retail SIG at BAM which is aimed at Doctoral and Early career researchers.
The series aims to provide insights into the academic journey that lies ahead of them. Be that into research considering funding applications, choosing a suitable journal, collaborations and writing from the PhD thesis, or into lecturing relating to pedagogical methods, authentic assessment and teaching within the changing world of HE; amongst others.
Wellbeing and support as an early career researcher is identified as an important topic to explore throughout the series, experiences will be shared from experienced academics as well as shining a light on early career researchers transition into academia.
This first session will be followed by workshops focused on particular topics covered during the event along with ‘coffee chats’ for the purpose of networking and sharing ideas and ‘surgery hours’ entailing support for, paper writing, research methods, teaching methods and general help. The latter will be a dialogue between invited experts and attending delegates.
BAM Marketing and Retail SIG
Who should attend?
PhD Students and Early Career Researchers. The event speaks to Section A1 as detailed in the BAM Framework.
Benefits of Attending
|• Learn about the various career paths in academia, particularly research-focused and learning -focused careers
• Engage in career discussions with senior academics and thought leaders in the field
• Network and gain exposure within the BAM community
Sahar Bakr, University of Nottingham
Rebecca Beech, University of Coventry
Dr Keith Glanfield, Cardiff School of Management
Dr Suha Omar, De Montfort University
Dr Adam Poole, University of the West of England
- 10:00- 10:45 Introduction and welcome remarks by the organisers
- 15 min comfort break
- 11:00 talk by Dr. Neil Hughes
- 11:30 talk by Prof. Carley Foster
- 12:00- 12:50 Roundtables- 2 parallel sessions
- 14:15- 15:00 Keynote by Dr.Jason Begely
- 15 min comfort break
- 15:15- 15:45 ECR speaker 1 Dr. Dennis Chapman
- 15:45-16:15 ECR speaker 2 Dr. Etieno Enang
- 16:15-16:45 Q&A
- 16:45- 17:00 Closing Remarks
- 17:00- 18:30 Networking reception
Hugh Aston Building
Leicester Castle Business School,
De Montford University
BAM Members: Free
BAM Non Members: £35
If you are a student, not a member of BAM and would like to join online for free, please purchase a BAM Student Membership for £25 to gain access to the free ticket, here