Management Knowledge and Education
Management, Knowledge and Education (MKE) is pan-British Academy of Management. We support events, networking, the development of resources and dialogue within a collaborative community of practice. This community comprises academics, practitioners and policy-makers who are interested in management education. Within MKE we collectively explore, examine and co-construct innovative and progressive educational/teaching practice and scholarship within global Business / Management Schools.
The overarching goals of BAM MKE are:
- To promote the centrality of the scholarship of teaching and learning in Business / Management Schools
- To explore and establish the relevance of other forms of scholarship for education-focused academics
- To provide a programme of development for BAM members to develop their own scholarship profile
We propose that the scholarship of teaching and learning and conventional basic research (the scholarship of discovery) should be valued equally in terms of the status, recognition, and reward for success. Our BAM MKE White Paper on Teaching and Scholarship Careers presents findings of our study into the support, development, and recognition that an education-focused career path receives in Business/Management Schools in UK Higher Education Institutions.
Our annual programme of events include:
- BAM MKE Teaching Practice Conference taking place in person in 2023.
- BAM MKE Becoming an Education-focused Professor Series: Registration for our 2023 EFP programme is now open!
- BAM MKE Education Practice Awards - information on the 2023 awards are available here
In addition, we run events in such areas as:
- “Meet the Editor”: Publishing Scholarship of Education
- Supporting the development and achievement of education grant and award applications
- "How to series" - designed to provide opportunities to collectively examine and co-construct understandings of, and approaches to, specific aspects of teaching practice, education and scholarship that might present challenges
We also have a growing repository of education scholarship with our BAM MKE teaching practice paper series and run a number of working groups, for example, ‘Inclusive Education’ and ‘Post-experience Education’.
Our events, networking, resources, and dialogue champion the value of our community and support greater impact for global teaching and learning.