BAM’s 'Becoming an Education-Focussed Professor' programme is a unique development programme designed specifically to support Business and Management academics on a teaching and scholarship track (T&S) at all levels to develop their own scholarship profile and career.
Session Dates and Venues
All sessions will be in-person
- Session 1: London (March 2024 tbc)
- Session 2: Belfast (May 2024 tbc)
- Session 3: Cardiff (October 2024 tbc)
- Session 4: Glasgow (December 2024 tbc)
Launched in 2019 by the MKE Group of BAM, to date over 400 attendees located in more than 10 countries that have participated on the programme. The programme has focused upon capacity building to define education-focussed scholarship in a way that becomes useable, accessible, and open to assessment.
The programme has the overarching goals of:
- Promoting the centrality of the scholarship of teaching and learning in business schools and to achieve parity for teaching and scholarship (T&S) academics with research-focused academics in consideration of promotion decisions. We propose that the scholarship of teaching and learning and conventional basic research (the scholarship of discovery) should be valued equally in terms of the status, recognition and reward for success.
- Exploring and establishing the relevance of other forms of scholarship for T&S academics. This may include (to some extent and with particular focus) the scholarship of discovery (conventional research), along with the scholarship of integration and the scholarship of application
- Providing a programme of development for BAM members who wish to understand the nature and modalities of scholarship and develop their own scholarship profile.
Benefits: To include
- Facilitated reflection upon building your identity as an Education-focussed professor across Scholarship, Engagement, Education and Leadership to aid future promotion
- Locating and engaging with a range of external sources to extend scholarly and career impact
- Joining a community of practice with like-minded scholars where best practices are shared and co-created
BAM Management Knowledge and Education
Expressions of Interest
If you are interesting in attending the 2024 programme and would like to be notified when registration is open and the fees and dates are confirmed, please complete your expression of interest by clicking here
Payment and Cancellation Policy
Payment for the event must be received before the start date of the event concerned. Access will not be permitted to the event if full payment has not been received.
Cancellations received within 14 days of booking your place on the event will receive a full refund.
Cancellations received after the 14-day cancellation period and later than 14 days before the start date of the event will not be eligible for a refund.
Although we endeavour to run all events as advertised, BAM reserves the right to cancel any event if, for example, there are not enough people to justify running the event or if other significant unforeseen circumstances arise. Please be aware that delegates are always responsible for ensuring their own travel and accommodation against cancellation, and the British Academy of Management is not able to reimburse anyone for these under any circumstances.
For the reimbursement of registration fee notification of cancellation must be received by email to: [email protected] two weeks prior to the event.
If paying by invoice, a purchase order number must be submitted.
If payment is not received by the date on the invoice, your registration will be cancelled, and you will need to register again at the current registration rates.
Fees are tbc.